Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Meshary bin Rashid Alafasy|
|Born||1976 (age 33) |
|Occupation||Imam, Qari, Khateeb, Munshid (Nasheed Artist)|
Sheikh Meshary bin Rashid Alafasy (Arabic: الشيخ مشاري بن راشد العفاسي; born in Kuwait in 1976) is a Kuwaiti national and a qari. He is the Imam of Masjid Al-Kabir (Grand Mosque (Kuwait)) in Kuwait City, and leads the taraweeh prayers in Ramadan every year. He studies in the College of the Quran and Islamic Studies at the Islamic University of Madinah and has specialized in the ten readings and translations of the Quran. Also, he has been certified by a number of scholars of Quran. He makes frequent appearances on television. Many of his recitations can be also found on YouTube or MukminTV.
On March 24, Sheikh Meshary traveled to the United States of America and visited two mosques: Islamic Center of Irvine in California, and the ICD (Islamic Center of Detroit) in Michigan. The audio tapes of his recitations during his visit to America can be found on his website, and also on YouTube.
On October 25, 2008, Sheikh Meshary was awarded the first Arab Creativity Oscar by the Arab Creativity Union in Egypt. / KUNA. The event was sponsored by the General Secretary of the League of Arab States Mr. Amr Mousa as a recognition of Sheikh Meshary Alafasy role in promoting Islamic principals and teachings utilizing the modern technology to deliver the peaceful message of Islam.
There are two Space channels for Sheikh Meshary, The first is Alafasy TV and recently Alafasy Q.Sheikh Meshary is also a munshid. Samples can be found on the Alafsy official website.
In August 2009, Alafasy released a nasheed video called "Ramadan" under the Zain label, in which he sings in Arabic, English and French. A voice-only recording, it was positively received in the Muslim world with television stations broadcasting throughout the month. The video can be viewed through YouTube. 
He is married, has two daughters, and is also nicknamed "Abu Norah".
- Uyoon Al Afaaee(2004)
- Laysa Al Gharib(2005)
- Qalbi Sagheer(2007)
 See also
- ^ "Islamic Center of Irvine". Icoi.net. 2009-06-19. http://icoi.net/news_announcements/read/941/Sh._Mishary_Rashid_Al-Afasy_Coming_to_ICOI_in_Ramadan_2009. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- ^ 30 augustus 2009. "Alafasy - Ramadan FULL VIDEO". YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68oFNRMasxY. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- Official Site
-  Alafasy's Ramadan nasheed, August 2009
- Alafasy on Qaree.com
- Recitation Of Mishari
- Recitation by Sheikh Mishary Rashed Al-afasy
- Sheikh Mishary Rashed Alafasy
- Alafasy Albums
- Islamway Radio Quran Recitation
- SunniPath Library – Quran Recitation by Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
- Hi Quality Mp3 of Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
- thealif.com – Listen Quran online